Thursday 10 November 2016

What's a nuclear scientists favourite food?

It's been a fair old while since I had time to throw a little blog together. So I thought as the kid is in bed and my delightful wife is yet to return from work I'd add some materials I've made recently and see if anyone fancies using them.

I've been putting a great deal of foucs in my classes on pronunciation of late. Sadly, it is the one skill that is far too often glossed over by textbooks nowadays.

I made this little powerpoint to help with binomials bʌɪˈnəʊmɪəlz/or word twins as I like to call them. 

It starts with a "hilarious" joke and goes on to help students form these word twins. It's just a quick selection of ten sets of words that are placed in a specific order.  The aim of this activity isn't only to make students aware of the fact these words come in a certain order but also to draw their attention to the weak and which comes between them. 

The powerpoint is right here Word Twins Powerpoint. If you fancy having a look at anything else from this blog then it's all shoved in and around that powerpoint.

Right then. I'm just about done here. If you have any questions please feel free to chuck a comment below.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment